The fastest way to get your first set of clients is to use paid advertising. With a good advertising budget, you can get your business up and running.
But it’s not as simple as it sounds. The paid advertising giants, Google and Facebook, are always coming up with new algorithm changes and policies that affect advertisers.
The most recent change, the Apple iOS 14 release, now has an effect on how Facebook tracks visitors using these devices. For advertisers, this means lesser accuracy with ad targeting and maybe a drop in conversion rate.
This is why it’s essential for marketers to follow up with the trends in the PPC industry to know what is working and what’s not.
We surveyed the internet to find the latest PPC advertising statistics and also found some interesting tips that marketers can implement to make their PPC ads profitable.
Let’s dive in.
General PPC Advertising Statistics in 2021
1. 40% of businesses and agencies claim that their PPC budget is lower than they would like it to be.
2. 76% of people who search for something nearby on a smartphone will visit a business within one day – Google
3. Over 50% of ad clicks happen on mobile devices.
4. On average, SMBs invest between $9K and $10K on PPC monthly.
5. PPC generates twice the number of visitors compared to SEO.
6. 96% of marketers spend money on search ads.
7. 62% of marketers increased their PPC budgets last year.
8. Ads can boost brand awareness by 80%.
9. 65% of consumers click on PPC ads.
10. 52% of online shoppers call the advertiser.
11. PPC converts 50% better.
12. 84% of brands are pleased with the PPC market.
Google PPC Advertising Statistics 2021
16. Google controls more than 92% of the global search engine market.
17. 73% of the paid search market share belongs to Google -MediaPost
Google PPC Advertising ROI Stats
18. Google Advertisers Make $8 for every $1 spent – Google
According to Google, their advertisers make an average of $8 for every $1 (8:1). This was disclosed in their market report.
19. 75% is the average conversion rate for Google Ads
20. The Google Search Network has an average conversion rate of 17% – Search Engine Watch
21. The Google Display Network has an average conversion rate of 46%
Here’s a table from WebFX that further explains this:
|Industry||Average Conversion Rate (Search Network)||Average Conversion Rate (Display Network)|
|Dating and Personals||9.64%||3.34%|
|Finance and Insurance||5.10%||1.19%|
|Health and Medical||3.36%||0.82%|
|Travel and Hospitality||3.55%||0.51%|
Google Local Services Ads Statistics
22. Local Services ads by Google receive 13.8% of local SERP clicks (BrightLocal, 2019)
23. The presence of Local Services ads affects the number of clicks for all other SERP types. (BrightLocal, 2019)
24. When LSAs are present, 25.3% of all clicks are on paid results. When LSAs are absent, this is 14.6% – a difference of 10.7%. (BrightLocal, 2019)
25. Organic results receive the most clicks of all SERP types, though they see a drop-off when LSAs are present. (BrightLocal, 2019)
26. Organic position 1 receives the highest number of standard SERP clicks. (BrightLocal, 2019)
Facebook PPC Advertising Statistics 2021
General Facebook Ads Statistics
27. 69% of all adults in the United States use Facebook.
28. 74% of Facebook users visit the platform each day.
29. On average, people access Facebook about 8 times each day.
30. Over 6 million businesses use Facebook ads to reach their target market.
31. Facebook is the number one ad channel for both B2C and B2B companies.
32. 94% of social media marketers use the Facebook ad platform.
How Cost-Effective are Facebook Ads?
33. Facebook advertisers make $2 for every $1
34. 9.21% of Facebook ads convert.
35. The average CPC across all industries for Facebook ads is $1.72
Here’s the average CPC benchmark as provided by WordStream:
|Industry||Average Cost Per Click|
|Employment and Job Training||$2.72|
|Finance and Insurance||$3.77|
|Travel and Hospitality||$0.63|
Amazon Ad Statistics
36. Amazon is the third most popular advertising platform behind Facebook and Google.
37. Amazon Ads revenue nears $7 billion in a quarter in 2020
38. The average Ad CTR on Amazon is 0.36%
39. The average cost per click on Amazon is $0.97
40. 85% of Ad Spend on Amazon is on sponsored products
41. 66% of product searches start on Amazon
These are the latest PPC advertising statistics and we’ll keep updating this to help you make the best decisions.